12 May Your Free Mobile-Friendly Website Checklist
Is your website mobile-friendly?
Chances are, you’re already reading this from a mobile device. According to Google, more than 50% of web traffic comes from mobile. In the Philippines, Filipinos spend an average of 5 hours and 47 minutes in using a Smartphone per day, the longest time spent in the world. Last 2020, the country’s mobile internet user penetration was nearly a whopping 72.1 percent and is predicted to become 77.1 percent in the year 2025.
With the advancement of technology, people everywhere are now increasingly accessing the internet on different types of devices. Websites, on the other hand, are not all mobile-friendly. Some have overlapping pictures, crooked order of contents and so on, making it hard to read and not visually enticing for users.
Now this is where the site responsiveness kicks in, or what we call being “mobile-friendly”. By responsiveness, it means that your website design should still look amazing on smaller screens, loads fast and easy to interact with. Aside from smooth experience across devices, your site will also gain advantages such as improved search visibility, improved user experience, increased lead generation and improved brand identity.
Because of this trend, companies are now working on making their websites mobile-friendly to not lose customers but rather, attract more.
The Mobile-Friendly Test by Google
Introducing Google’s Free Mobile-Friendly Test. Mobile-Friendly Test is a Google Search Console tool that lets you test how easily a visitor can use your page on a mobile device. You can either enter your website’s URL or paste your lines of code, and voila! This tool scans your whole website in a matter of minutes and offers suggestions on how you can improve your website’s mobile responsiveness.
Once your enter your code or the URL of the website, it should put out results in a couple of minutes. If your website is mobile friendly, you will see this screen below. However, if it does not pass the test, it will give you some recommendations on how to edit your page to make it fit for mobile.
How do I make sure my site is mobile friendly?
In today’s world, when an increasing number of people access the internet using mobile devices, it is crucial to make sure your website is mobile-friendly. Make sure your website is mobile-friendly by following these steps:
- Responsive design ensures that your website adapts to the screen size of the device being used, offering a seamless user experience for both desktop and mobile users. Make your elements readable and size accessible without asking users to zoom in or scroll sidewards .
- Optimizing images for mobile devices can help you reduce load times and improve the overall performance of your website. Getting a reliable hosting provider will also help with loading times. With Google’s new search algorithm, SPEED MATTERS.
- Using readable font sizes is essential for mobile users who may not be able to zoom in on small text. Use colors with high contrast from the background and try to keep your font as simple as possible.
- Keeping content brief and using headings and bullet points can help mobile users quickly find the information they need without having to scroll through long blocks of text. Remember, Keep It Short and Simple, or K.I.S.S.
- Ensuring that your website looks excellent and performs well on all platforms, including computers, tablets, and mobile devices, can help you reach a broader audience and improve engagement. While appearances matter, functionality should still be a priority.
In today’s digital age, having a mobile-friendly website is not only important, but it is essential for the success of any business. With more and more people using mobile devices to access the internet, having a website that is optimized for mobile use can significantly improve user experience and increase engagement. High bounce rates, low engagement, and ultimately missed chances for your company can result from a poorly optimized website. A mobile-friendly website can also improve your search engine rankings, boost your brand’s credibility, and ultimately lead to higher conversion rates. In short, investing in a mobile-friendly website is a smart move for any business looking to stay competitive in today’s market.